IT ARCHITECT - STORES OPERATIONS (M/F)
Sonae is Portugal’s largest retailer with a success story of more than 30 years. We are looking for talented technologists to help us in Sonae BIT, to revolutionize the whole shopping experience both in physical and digital touchpoints with our customers.
If you want to make a difference and add value in a retailer company, join us! We are looking for a bright IT Solution Architect responsible for driving and inspire the team and technology decisions for current and future development of Store Operations.
- Design high-level solutions in an effective and efficient way complying with functional requirements and performance, interoperability and modularity principles;
- Challenge status quo and standard approaches when significant benefits are perceived (manage technical debt);
- Oversee the solutions lifecycle applying internal frameworks and proactively pushing for proactive (or reactive) maintenance or evolution;
- Manage product technical backlogs and architectural enablers;
- Converge business demand, market trends, technological principles and operational feedback into solution roadmaps;
- Foster and instantiate architecture and technology standards, guidelines and best practices; and
- Loop feed inputs from engineering and production teams in order to promote solution improvement.
- Push innovation through the investigation of new technologies and experimentation of new approaches and solutions;
- Drive the convergence between business strategy and IT architecture through the proactive promotion of foundational initiatives;
- Manage relationships with vendors and product communities influencing roadmaps;
- Lead negotiations with key vendors pushing for more service for a lower TCO; and
- Promote business awareness and involvement of key architectural or solution decisions.
- 3 or more years of IT solution design experience as an IT Architect, Software Engineer or Tech Lead;
- Track record on different arch types, paradigms and technology stacks;
- Portfolio of diverse waterfall, agile or other development practices engagements; and
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related technical field.
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in English;
- Strong analytical skills that support the construction of recommendations based on objective rationales;
- Ability to integrate autonomous teams and achieve results through collaboration;
- Effectiveness in conflict management, negotiation and problem solving.